Almonds are one of my favorite nuts and this almond cake is filled with almond flavor!! It is a bit dense, very moist and it pairs perfectly with an almond buttercream or a chocolate ganache.
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 10-12||Total:|
This cake is great just eaten alone. It is so moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almond meal
- 1 cup half and half, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 (325 for convection) [TEMP]
- Combine flour, almond meal, salt, and baking powder a bowl. Set aside.[COMBINE]
- Combine eggs and sugar. Using a paddle attachment, beat for 1 minute on medium speed to blend. [BLEND]
- Add the mixed dry ingredients. Stir on low speed until combined. [ADD]
- Mix the flavorings in with the milk, melted butter and oil. Add to the mixture. Scrape down the sides as you are adding. [BLEND]
- Mix on low speed until combined. Then increase to medium speed and blend for 20 sections. [BEAT]
- Pour into two parchment lined 8 or 9 inch pans or a 1/4 sheet pan. [POUR]
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9 inch pans and 30-40 minutes for the 1/4 sheet pan. [BAKE]
This cake bakes perfectly flat so you won't have cake levels. Be careful not to under bake.