Delicately spiced carrot cupcakes are one of my favorite treats. You an add raisins, nuts or coconut to these depending on your taste but they are perfect without any add-ins too. Make a batch for an after school treat or anytime you feel like shredding a few carrots.
This is a traditional carrot cake cupcake that is nicely spiced and not too sweet.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. [TEMP]
- Combine the all purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk together. [COMBINE]
- In a mixing bowl, blend the sugar, carrots, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. [BLEND]
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat on low speed for two minutes. [BEAT]
- Spoon into prepared cupcake pans. [POUR]
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. [BAKE]
Depending on the size of your liner and pan this will make 12-16 standard cupcakes. The cupcakes should be 2/3 full with batter.
Test the cupcake with a toothpick before removing. It is easy to under bake carrot cake!