I made these as an alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies. I like how the darker color looks against the bright M&Ms. You can do all M&Ms if you like, but I prefer the mix of chocolate chips and M&Ms.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 24-28 large cookies||Total:|
These are a delicious departure from the traditional M&M cookie!
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 12 ounces semi sweet baking chips or chopped chocolate
- 12 ounces milk chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 (conventional) or 325 (convection). Line a cookie sheet with parchment or place a Silpat on the sheet.[TEMP]
- Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar along with the salt, vanilla and baking soda for 3-5 minutes. You want the mixture to look fully combined. [BEAT]
- Add the flours in two additions, mixing on low after each addition.[COMBINE]
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until blended. [BEAT]
- Add the chocolate chips and 3/4 of the M&Ms.[COMBINE]
- Use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and place on the cookie sheet. Place a few M&Ms on the top of each cookie before you bake them. Bake for 14 minutes. [BAKE]
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to complete the cooling.[COOL]
- These cookies spread well, so you do not need to flatten the tops before baking.
Substitute in up to 1/2 cup of almond flour if desired.